Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Journaling Challenge Day 2 - Best memory of this year so far

 First it is necessary to preface whatever I write here with the reality that my 'memories' are not visual. I cannot close my eyes and 'make pictures' of an person, place, or event. My brain seems to just not be wired that way. So definitely do not expect a description of the proverbial 'scene'. This is a recent 'discovery' about what seems to be the hard wiring of my brain and has me re-evaluating a great many things including whether or not I can even trust my memories.

All that being said, in a year that was filled with painful memories and too many losses to count, the addition of Pagan into my life has been a wild fun and funny ride. Specifics, you scream, and I will detail those that spring to mind:

  • the first couple of weeks where she would not venture from my room - uncertain of both a new 'place' and new 'people' both bipedal and feline
  • watching those green eyes light up with wonder and wanting as she watches 'Cat TV' with its programming of birds, squirrels, and the occasional human.
  • the feeling of a sleeping cat laying on top of me - whether that is as I sit in the recliner or when I wake in my bed with the weight and purr of 'cat' so close to me that she is almost part of me
  • watching her - just now - spring from apparent deep sleep to follow a flying box elder bug that seems to have found its way inside the house across the living room to her cat tree. Almost a personal afront that such a thing would have the audacity to invade her space. 
  • the curiosity that is the definition of "Cat"
Thank you little 4 footed creature who has soothed the pain of the losses that filled the first half of the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment